Information for the Public
Curb Side and Road Side 2015
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay wishes to advise residents that roadside pickup will start Monday, June 1st according to the following schedule:
Valley area: Monday, June 1st – Wednesday, June 10th
MOT area: Thursday, June 11th – Monday, June 15th
Spruce Park & North Side: Tuesday, June 16th – Friday, June 19th
Eligible Items Include: sofas, stoves, appliances, bicycles, loose items in plastic bags or other containers.
The following items will NOT be eligible for pick-up:
1. Car wrecks, parts, frames, engines.
2. Debris from building renovations or demolitions – unless placed in plastic bags or other type of container.
3. Asphalt shingles – unless placed in plastic bags or other type of container.
4. Tree limbs or Willows – unless cut and bundled, maximum weight 50 lbs., maximum length 4 feet.
5. Earthen material, rocks, bricks, concrete, soil, etc.
6. Discarded vehicle oil and partially filled paint cans.
8. Propane tanks
9. Hazardous materials such as ammonia, acids, pharmaceutical products, paints, oils, pesticides, etc.
10. Fridges, freezers, air conditioners, etc.
11. Construction material – unless placed in plastic bags or other type container.