Public Service Announcement
Boil Water Advisory
Spruce Park, Hamilton Heights, Northside – ALL STREETS
Information for the Public
UPDATED: May 31, 2019
- Residents are reminded that the below Boil Water Advisory is still in effect –
Further to the Boil Water Advisory issued by 5 Wing Goose Bay on Tuesday, May 14th, 2019; the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay is extending the scope of the Boil Water Advisory to also include Hamilton Heights, Northside (Canadian Side) as well as the Spruce Park Area (ALL STREETS). See the below details:
The Boil Water Advisory will commence Thursday, May 16th, 2019 and continue until further notice. 5 Wing Goose Bay will be installing a new pump at the Spring Gulch Water Plant.
Areas Covered in this Boil Water Advisory:
- 5 Wing Goose Bay (Base): All Streets (Business & Residential) including Loring Drive.
- Spruce Park: All Streets (Business & Residential), including Aspen Drive & Burnwood Drive, as well as Skipper Joe’s Convenience & Woodwards C-Store.
- Hamilton Heights: All Streets (Business & Residential), including Edmunds Crescent, this also includes Business in the vicinity of Terry’s Tents and Amaruk Golf Club.
- Northside (Canadian Side): All Streets (Business & Residential)
*** Mealy Mountain Collegiate to Valley area not included in this Boil Water Advisory.
Residents are advised to bring water that you might ingest to a rolling boil for one (1) minute. For Example, boil water used for:
- Brushing teeth
- Making juice from concentrate and powders
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Making tea, coffee, and other hot drinks
- Making infant formula and cereals
The boil water advisory will remain in effect until the New Pump Installation at Spring Gulch Water Plant is complete, and the following criteria are met:
- At least one (1) satisfactory bacteriological water analysis is obtained (absence of total coliform and E. coli in 100ml of samples).
- Satisfactory free chlorine residual is maintained at the entry to the distribution system.
- Free chlorine residual is detectable & maintained throughout the distribution system.
The public will be notified once this advisory is lifted.
The Town apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.
For further information about the Boil Water Advisory, please call:
Town Office: 896-3321
5 Wing Goose Bay: 896-6928
Government Service Centre: 896-5471