Process and Record of Complaints

The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay has an official complaints process in effect which not only describes in detail the process for filing a complaint but also allows the Town to respond in the most efficient manner.


The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay does not consider Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) as an avenue for filing a complaint. Residents are encouraged to contact 896.3322 , email [email protected] or visit the Town Hall between the hours of 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday if he or she wishes to file an official complaint.


To download the Complaints Policy, please click below:

Process and Record of Complaints Policy



The mandate of the Municipal Enforcement Department

In the province of Newfoundland and Labrador Municipalities reserve the right to employ and swear in Municipal Constables (Community Constables). The role within the community covers a wide variety of laws and legislation. The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Community Constables responds to a wide variety of situations that fall under a variety of laws and legislation.


Community Constables are Peace Officers as defined under the Criminal Code, employed for the preservation and protection of the public peace as well as Civil Service. The Constables work alongside other agencies like the RCMP assisting with traffic control at motor vehicle collisions. Assisting with Parades and often conduct foot patrols at Happy Valley-Goose Bay public events. Other agencies that the Constables work alongside are Newfoundland & Labrador Fish and Wildlife Service, Conservation officers, etc.


The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay also has a full-time Animal Control Officer whose sole responsibility is to conduct patrols, and answer animal control calls within the community. The Animal Control Officer works closely with the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Community Constables.


The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Community Constables also works hand in hand with the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Fire & Emergency Services Department, providing emergency response alongside the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Volunteer Fire Department and assisting with scene safety, containment, and public safety.


Regulations such as:

  • Property Standards
  • Noise / Public Nuisance Complaints
  • Animal Investigations (Regulations)
  • Public Intoxication
  • Loitering
  • Moving Traffic Enforcement
  • Speeding
  • Parking Issues
  • ATV / Offroad Vehicle Regulations
  • Public Safety Monitoring
  • Patroling Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Parks & Playgrounds
  • Patroling of Schools
  • Patroling of Trails  (ATV/Snowmobile/Pedestrian)
  • Prohibited use of Cellular Devices while  driving / Distracted Driving
  • Open liquor in public / in vehicle


Community Constables are heavily involved in the community with educational programs like Bike rodeos, School presentations, and other public related issues.


The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Municipal Enforcement Department does NOT deal directly with Criminal Code situations as that role in the community is overseen by the RCMP Detachment and its Members. In the event that the Community Constables come across a Criminal situation, they immediately contact the RCMP, in many cases that situations that may be called into the Happy Valley-Goose Bay Constables are unknown criminal code investigations and when realized by the Community Constables the RCMP get involved and take over the situation. Community Constables do not respond purposely to Suspected Impaired Drivers while conducting traffic duties. The RCMP are called the second a Community Constable suspects possible impairment of a driver.


The public of Happy Valley-Goose Bay is encouraged to call the complaint line 896-3322 for situations such as:

  • Animal Control
  • Animal Welfare
  • Noise complaints
  • Loitering
  • Vagrants
  • Property Issues
  • Traffic concerns
  • Speeding complaints
  • ATV / Snowmobile and other off-road vehicle complaints


To contact the Municipal Enforcement Department or one of its Community Constables, please see below information:

Municipal Enforcement Complaints Line: 709.896.3322

Municipal Enforcement Complaints Email: [email protected]

or by the following:

Municipal Enforcement Officer – Larry Baker

Tel: 709-896-3322

Email: [email protected]

Municipal Enforcement Officer – (Vacant)

Animal Control – Dwain Barat

Tel: 709-896-3322