A PERMIT IS NOT REQUIRED IF fireworks are used by someone over the age of 18, and on the following days July 1 (Canada Day), and December 31 (New Year’s Eve) (No later than 1:00AM January 1), At all other times, a permit for the use of fireworks is required to be issued by the Town of Happy ValleyGoose Bay in accordance with the Noise Regulations, 2014 of the Town. THIS IS NOT A PERMIT UNLESS SIGNED BY A DELEGATED EMPLOYEE OF THE TOWN OF HAPPY VALLEY-GOOSE BAY WITH THE AUTHORITY TO ISSUE THIS PERMIT.
COMPLETED FORMS must be dropped off to the Town Hall (Monday to Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM) at Address at top of the page. For more information contact the Town Hall at 896-3321. Completed applications must be submitted at a minimum of 48 hours in advance of the intended day of the fireworks event.
Fireworks Safety Tips:
- Always read and follow label directions
- Only use outdoors on a flat and level surface
- Use fireworks in a clear, open area with spectators at least 75 feet back from the launch area
- Always have water supplies handy (hose or bucket)
- Light only one firework at a time and never re-light a “dud” firework (wait 15-20 minutes and then soak it in water)
- NEVER light a firework in your hand or near your face and always wear protective eyewear
- NEVER launch fireworks from a metal or glass container
- NEVER modify or use homemade fireworks
- Have a designated shooter (REMEMBER, ALCOHOL AND FIREWORKS DO NOT MIX)
- Children should never handle, play with or light fireworks and safe alternatives such as glow sticks, noisemakers or fireless fireworks should be offered
- Teach children the importance of firework safety and set a good example for them
- Extinguish used sparklers in water
- If necessary, store fireworks in a cool, dry place away from direct heat, flame or containers
- Dispose of fireworks properly by soaking them in water and then discarding them in your trashcan.
- In Case of an Accident Call 896-2222
- If clothing catches on fire, stop, drop and roll until it is out.
- Remove clothing, shoes, diapers, and jewelry. These may hide burns and retain heat, increasing skin damage.
- Cover burn with clean, dry cloth or sheet
- Many fireworks contain chemicals that can cause burns and all chemical burns should be seen by a physician because damage may not be obvious