Public Service Announcement
Boil Water Advisory – Valley Portions (SEE BELOW LISTED STREETS)
Information for the Public
Release Date: May 26, 2019
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Water & Sewer Department advises that due to an unexpected break in the water line affecting the below-mentioned streets; a Boil Water Advisory (BWA) is now in effect:
- Montagnais Street
- Saunders Street
- Elizabeth Avenue
- Traverspine Street
- Riverview Drive
Residents may also experience discoloration. If this occurs, please run taps until clarity is achieved.
Residents are advised to bring water that you might ingest to a rolling boil for one (1) minute. For Example, boil water used for:
- Brushing teeth
- Making juice from concentrate and powders
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Making tea, coffee, and other hot drinks
- Making infant formula and cereals
The boil water advisory will remain in effect until the following criteria are met:
- At least one (1) satisfactory bacteriological water analysis is obtained (absence of total coliform and E. coli in 100ml of samples).
- Satisfactory free chlorine residual is maintained at the entry to the distribution system.
- Free chlorine residual is detectable & maintained throughout the distribution system.
The public will be notified once this advisory is lifted.
The Town apologizes for any inconvenience.