Public Service Announcement
Boil Water Advisory
Spruce Park, MOT (Hamilton Heights), Northside – ALL STREETS
Information for the Public
Release Date: February 5, 2020
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Department of Water & Sewer is advising residents of a Boil Water Advisory to also include the below-listed areas:
Areas Covered in this Boil Water Advisory:
- Spruce Park: All Streets (Business & Residential), including Aspen Drive & Burnwood Drive, as well as Skipper Joe’s Convenience & Woodwards C-Store.
- MOT (Hamilton Heights): All Streets (Business & Residential), including Edmunds Crescent, this also includes Business in the vicinity of Terry’s Tents and Amaruk Golf Club.
- Northside (Canadian Side): All Streets (Business & Residential)
*** Business and Residents located on Hamilton River Road between MOT to Northside (Canadian Side) are included in the Boil Water Advisory. Mealy Mountain Collegiate not included in this Boil Water Advisory.
The Boil Water Advisory is necessary due to an interruption in the water distribution line caused by a malfunctioning of the D19 Pump.
Residents are advised to bring water that you might ingest to a rolling boil for one (1) minute. For Example, boil water used for:
- Brushing teeth
- Making juice from concentrate and powders
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Making tea, coffee, and other hot drinks
- Making infant formula and cereals
Water service has been restored to the above areas, however, residents may experience lower than normal pressure for a temporary period. The Boil Water Advisory will remain in effect until the following criteria are met:
- At least one (1) satisfactory bacteriological water analysis is obtained (absence of total coliform and E. coli in 100ml of samples).
- Satisfactory free chlorine residual is maintained at the entry to the distribution system.
- Free chlorine residual is detectable & maintained throughout the distribution system.
The public will be notified once this advisory is lifted.
The Town apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.
For more information on Boil Water Advisories and Water Quality visit: