Public Service Announcement
Boil Water Advisory – LIFTED
Spruce Park, MOT (Hamilton Heights), Northside (Canadian Side)
Information for the Public
Release Date: July 13, 2019
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay is advising residents and business that 5 Wing Goose Bay has completed Pump Installation Activities at Spring Gulch Water Treatment Plant and therefore the Boil Water Advisory has been LIFTED for:
- Spruce Park
- MOT (Hamilton Heights),
- Northside (Canadian Side)
Please note that residents and business of the Valley area of Town (Voisey Drive/Mealy Mountain Collegiate to Lower/Upper Valley areas) are still currently under a separate Boil Water Advisory.
Residents and Business in the Valley area of Town are advised to bring water that you might ingest to a rolling boil for one (1) minute. For Example, boil water used for:
- Brushing teeth
- Making juice from concentrate and powders
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Making tea, coffee, and other hot drinks
- Making infant formula and cereals
The Boil Water Advisory for the Valley area of Town will remain in effect until the following criteria are met:
- At least one (1) satisfactory bacteriological water analysis is obtained (absence of total coliform and E. coli in 100ml of samples).
- Satisfactory free chlorine residual is maintained at the entry to the distribution system.
- Free chlorine residual is detectable & maintained throughout the distribution system.
The public will be notified once this advisory is lifted.
The Town apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.
For further information about the Boil Water Advisory, please call:
Town Office: 896-3321 Government Service Centre: 896-5471