Public Service Announcement
Boil Water Advisory
TOWN WIDE – ALL STREETS (Residential & Business)
Information for the Public
UPDATED: July 20, 2020
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay is advising residents and businesses that due to the ongoing Power Outage affecting the entire community, the Town’s Department of Water & Sewer are recommending a Boil Water Advisory for the entire community of Happy Valley-Goose Bay.
Similar to the advisory recently put out by 5 Wing Goose Bay, this is a precaution only given that in some areas of town there may have been zero pressure situations in water lines.
Areas Covered in this Boil Water Advisory:
- All Streets, All Residence, All Business (Town Wide Boil Water Advisory)
Residents are advised to bring water that you might ingest to a rolling boil for one (1) minute. For Example, boil water used for:
- Brushing teeth
- Making juice from concentrate and powders
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Making tea, coffee, and other hot drinks
- Making infant formula and cereals
The Boil Water Advisory will remain in effect until the following criteria are met:
- At least one (1) satisfactory bacteriological water analysis is obtained (absence of total coliform and E. coli in 100ml of samples).
- Satisfactory free chlorine residual is maintained at the entry to the distribution system.
- Free chlorine residual is detectable & maintained throughout the distribution system.
The public will be notified once this advisory is lifted.
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.
For more information on Boil Water Advisories and Water Quality visit: