Public Service Announcement
Boil Water Advisory – Valley Area – ALL STREETS
Information for the Public
Release Date: June 1st, 2019
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay is advising the public that due to Water Level issues at the Sandhill Reservoir, the Valley area of Town will receive an increased level of water from the Spring Gulch Reservoir. In effect, this will result in the Valley area (ALL STREETS, ALL RESIDENTIAL, ALL BUSINESS) being placed on a Boil Water Advisory effective immediately.
All of Happy Valley-Goose Bay is currently under a Boil Water Advisory.
Residents are advised to bring water that you might ingest to a rolling boil for one (1) minute. For Example, boil water used for:
- Brushing teeth
- Making juice from concentrate and powders
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Making tea, coffee, and other hot drinks t
- Making infant formula and cereals
The boil water advisory will remain in effect until the following criteria are met:
- At least one (1) satisfactory bacteriological water analysis is obtained (absence of total coliform and E. coli in 100ml of samples).
- Satisfactory free chlorine residual is maintained at the entry to the distribution system.
- Free chlorine residual is detectable & maintained throughout the distribution system.
The public will be notified once this advisory is lifted.
The Town apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.