Boil Water Advisory
Valley Area Only (ALL STREETS)
Information for the Public
Release Date: September 18, 2018
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay has issued a Boil Water Advisory for the Valley Area of Town (ALL STREETS) due to emergency repairs to the Town’s Pressure Reducing Station.
The boil water advisory has been issued for the following reason(s): D1- Water distribution system is undergoing maintenance or repairs.
Residents are advised to bring water that you might ingest to a rigorous rolling boil for one (1) minute. For Example, boil water used for:
- Brushing teeth
- Making juice from concentrate and powders
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Making tea, coffee and other hot drinks
- Making infant formula and cereals
The boil water advisory will remain in effect until the reason for issuing the advisory has been corrected and the following criteria have been met:
- At least one (1) satisfactory bacteriological water analysis are obtained (absence of total coliform and E. coli in 100ml of samples).
- Satisfactory free chlorine residual is maintained at the entry to the distribution system.
- Free chlorine residual is detectable & maintained throughout the distribution system.
The public will be notified once this advisory is lifted.
For further information about the Boil Water Advisory, please call:
Town Office: 896-3321
Government Service Centre: 896-5471