Public Service Announcement
Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay
Facilities Operation Update Effective January 12, 2022
EJ Broomfield Memorial Arena
Public Safety Message
Release Date: January 11, 2022
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay advises the public it closely monitors information related to COVID-19. As residents know, as of 12:01 AM, Tuesday, January 4, 2022, the entire province is under COVID-19 Alert Level 4.
The Town is advising residents and businesses that effective Wednesday, January 12, 2022, the EJ Broomfield Memorial Arena will open with a modified schedule of events. The schedule of events can be view at the below link:
Residents are advised that the Arena will open with the following public health guidelines in effect:
- Only the main entrance will be accessible to all, Player’s Entrance Not Accessible. Main Doors to the EJ Broomfield Memorial Arena will be open 15 minutes prior to the start of the above-mentioned events and will be locked 5 minutes after the start of the above-mentioned events.
- Upon Entry a list must be signed in order to keep accurate track of numbers of people, hand sanitizer will also be available.
- Everyone ages 12 and over must provide NLVAXPass upon entry
- Under 12 Years must be accompanied by Parent/Guardian
- Maximum of 25 Skaters permitted on ice surface per session on a “first come first serve” basis. Helmets are recommended while on the ice surface.
- Masks must be worn at all times (sitting or standing) except while on the ice surface.
- Chairs will be available for individuals to use to put on / remove skates, users are not to use the stands or dressing rooms.
- Parents/Guardians only to use Yellow Section Seating (Maximum 20 people) to watch those on the ice (Parents/Guardians only). No other seating sections will be available for use.
- No Hockey Sticks, Pucks, Broomball Sticks/Balls permitted
- Canteen services will not be available
- Please adhere to Physical Distancing guidelines by keeping minimum of 6 feet (2 metres) between yourself and others. “Stay within your bubble and try not to burst others”.
- Once skating event is finished, we respectfully ask that you take off your skates, gather belongings and exit the arena within 10 minutes. This will allow staff to clean and prep for the next event.
- No charge at this time
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay asks residents to please share this information, particularly with our seniors who may not have access to Social Media or the Internet in general.
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay strongly recommends that residents and businesses utilize a cautious approach and exercise recommended practices to prevent the potential spread of COVID-19.
For more information and to stay up to date on COVID-19, visit: