Public Service Announcement
REMINDER: Municipal Snow Clearing Regulations
Information for the Public
November 29th, 2017
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay’s Public Works crews work hard to provide snow clearing services during the winter months.
Help us keep the streets safe this winter season by following the municipal Snow Clearing Regulations, found within the traffic regulations, here.
The Town encourages everyone to become familiar with the traffic regulations related to snow clearing for the interest of public safety. These regulations are in effect until mid-April, 2018.
To allow for safe snow clearing operations, residents and business owners are advised:
- NOT TO PARK on any street between 12:00 midnight and 8:00 a.m.;
- NOT TO PARK on any street for up to 12 hours after a snow storm; and
- NOT TO place/throw snow or ice on any street, sidewalk or public parking lots within Town limits.
- It is not permitted to intentionally or unintentionally place any accumulation of snow or ice on streets, sidewalks or public parking lots within town limits. *With the exception of town employees or contractors conducting snow clearing operations.*
- Failing to comply with Snow Clearing Regulations may result in fines and/ or impoundment of vehicles at the owner’s expense.
We appreciate everyone’s cooperation as we work to keep our streets and public areas clear and safe this winter season!