Public Service Announcement
Boil Water Advisory
TOWN WIDE – ALL STREETS (Residential & Business)
Information for the Public
Release Date: July 23, 2020
In follow up to a 5 Wing Goose Bay Public Service Announcement released today, Thursday, July 23, 2020, the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay is advising residents and business that due to July 20, 2020, Community-Wide Power Outage, the Town’s Department of Water & Sewer have recommended a Boil Water Advisory for the entire community of Happy Valley-Goose Bay.
The Town Wide Boil Water Advisory went into effect Monday, July 20, 2020, and as of today, Thursday, July 23, 2020, the Town Wide Boil Water Advisory remains in effect.
The Town Wide Boil Water Advisory is a precaution only given that in some areas of town, there may have been zero pressure situations in water lines during the July 20, 2020, power outage.
Areas Covered in this Boil Water Advisory:
- All Streets, All Residence, All Businesses (Town Wide Boil Water Advisory)
Residents are advised to bring water that you might ingest to a rolling boil for one (1) minute. For Example, boil water used for:
- Brushing teeth
- Making juice from concentrate and powders
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Making tea, coffee, and other hot drinks
- Making infant formula and cereals
The Boil Water Advisory will remain in effect until the following criteria are met:
- At least one (1) satisfactory bacteriological water analysis is obtained (absence of total coliform and E. coli in 100ml of samples).
- Satisfactory free chlorine residual is maintained at the entry to the distribution system.
- Free chlorine residual is detectable & maintained throughout the distribution system.
The public will be notified once this advisory is lifted.
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.
For more information on Boil Water Advisories and Water Quality visit: