The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay is advising the public that it is closely monitoring information related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
As we adapt to a new normal, we also need to modify how we serve residents. Town Hall Business Hours were adjusted on Wednesday, May 20 to reflect the following:
- Counter Service for Bill Payment, Fees & Permit payments provided from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday to Friday.
- All other services, please call 896-3321 to arrange an appointment
- Directional Markings and Physical Distancing signage is in place to allow only for a straight path between the customer service counter and the door
- A plexiglass barrier has been installed to provide a safe physical distance while serving residents
- Clerks will be provided with appropriate PPE if they so desire
- The door monitor will wipe down the outside counter and door handles after each transaction
- The Clerk will wipe down the debit machine after each transaction
These unprecedented measures, though unfortunate, are necessary to be proactive against the potential spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), and the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay extends thanks to the public for their understanding at this time. Council and Staff appreciate your understanding during this time of uncertainty. We look forward to welcoming you back to your Town Hall.
Please respect the social/physical distancing plan listed above for the protection of everyone, including residents as well as staff.
Town Hall Business Hours (effective May 20, 2020):
Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Saturday & Sunday – CLOSED
The Town Hall will also be closed on the following Stat Holidays:
New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Victoria Day, June Holiday (formerly Discovery Day), Canada Day, August Civic Holiday, Labour Day, Thanksgiving Day, Remembrance Day, Christmas Day, Boxing Day