NEWS RELEASE – January 13, 2015
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Labour Disruption at the
Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay
The 11th Council of the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay wishes to inform the public that after lengthy collective agreement negotiations, the Town has issued a lockout.
The Town’s contingency plan has been implemented as follows:
1. The Fire Hall will be operated by management on a 24/7 basis.
For Emergencies please call 896-2222. All other calls: 896-2212
2. The Town Office will be open:
Monday: 8:00am – 12:00pm
Wednesday: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – 12:00 pm
3. The Broomfield Arena is closed.
4. Snow clearing will continue as needed. Please be advised that during heavy snowfalls, main roads will be completed first with side roads done as soon as possible.
5. The Municipal Landfill will not be open to the general public. Residential garbage will be collected as per normal contactor’s schedule.
6. If you have an emergency issue with water or sewer please call 896-2212.
7. There will be no animal control personnel operating during the lockout.
8. All Town public meetings and/or events are cancelled during the lockout.
“The Town appreciates the public’s patience during this difficult time,” stated Mayor Snook. “It is hoped that the work disruption will be of short duration. We remain open to returning to the negotiation table with the Union.”