NEWS RELEASE – January 16, 2015
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay –
Street Snow Clearing during the Labour Disruption
As stated in the previous notice, the Union will provide snow clearing services of town streets. Local 2019 has clarified their intent with respect to snow clearing and will respond as follows:
• When the Town requires an Operator the union will provide one and one only.
• The Union members will not cross picket lines. The Operator will commence duties once the equipment is out of the town garage. When the work completed the equipment will be parked by the picket line for management to fuel and return to garage.
• Cuts will be made in one direction only on town streets.
• The union members will provide continuous service until every street has one path cleared.
• The Town can also utilize non-union staff in conjunction with the above.
Again, the Town recognizes that this is a challenging situation, and to assist in the snow clearing efforts, asks that you not park on the streets. As always, please use caution while driving in winter conditions.