Public Service Announcement
Information for the Public
August 12, 2015
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay wishes to inform residents that the Water Main Replacement project will take place from Monday, August 17th – Monday, October 12th, 2015.
Residents can expect construction and the operation of heavy equipment along the sides of the following roadways for the duration (eight weeks) of the project:
Hamilton River Road
The Town encourages residents to exercise caution when driving in these areas for personal safety and the safety of construction crews. While the Town does not anticipate disruption in water services as a result of this project, we will be closely monitoring the project and will advise the public should any issues arise.
The Water Main Replacement project is necessary to improve infrastructure dating back 50-60 years and will reduce the frequency of water line breaks.
The Water Main Replacement project is one of five upgrades commencing this year. The following upgrades comprise a $3.8 million investment by the Town in the Municipal water system and infrastructure over the next year:
1. Building Canada Fund, Water Main Replacement Infrastructure Project (Late July-October 2015)
2. Pressure Reducing Valve (July 4th)
3. Inspection to water reservoir (August 2015)
4. Water quality & quantity upgrades at the Water Treatment Plant (August 2015)
5. Expansion of the well field (expected completion by Summer 2016)
The Town appreciates the patience and co-operation of residents as work is conducted to complete the Water Main Replacement project.