Boil Water Advisory: Valley Area
Information for the Public
July 20, 2017
The Town of Happy Valley- Goose Bay has issued a Boil Water Advisory as a result of repairs on the water line in the following area:
Corte Real Road
Courte Manche Street
Grenfell Street – from Grand Street to Corte Real Road
The boil water advisory has been issued for the following reason(s): D1- Water distribution system is undergoing maintenance or repairs.
Residents are advised to bring water that you might ingest to a rigorous rolling boil for one (1) minute. For Example, boil water used for:
- Brushing teeth
- Making juice from concentrate and powders
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Making tea, coffee and other hot drinks
- Making infant formula and cereals
The boil water advisory will remain in effect until the reason for issuing the advisory has been corrected and the following criteria have been met:
- At least one (1) satisfactory bacteriological water analysis are obtained (absence of total coliform and E. coli in 100ml of samples).
- Satisfactory free chlorine residual is maintained at the entry to the distribution system.
- Free chlorine residual is detectable & maintained throughout the distribution system.
The public will be notified once this advisory is lifted.
For further information about the Boil Water Advisory, please call:
Government Service Centre: 896-5471
Town Hall: 896-3321