Public Service Announcement
Boil Water Advisory
TOWN WIDE – ALL STREETS (Residential & Business)
Information for the Public
UPDATED: June 06, 2019
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay is advising residents and business that the recent series of Boil Water Advisories is now currently one Boil Water Advisory that effects all of Happy Valley-Goose Bay, furthermore 5 Wing Goose Bay has a Boil Water Advisory in effect for all of the Base including Loring Drive.
Areas Covered in this Boil Water Advisory:
- All Streets, All Residence, All Business (Town Wide Boil Water Advisory)
Residents are advised to bring water that you might ingest to a rolling boil for one (1) minute. For Example, boil water used for:
- Brushing teeth
- Making juice from concentrate and powders
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Making tea, coffee, and other hot drinks
- Making infant formula and cereals
The Boil Water Advisory will remain in effect until the New Pump Installation at Spring Gulch Water Plant is complete, and the following criteria are met:
- At least one (1) satisfactory bacteriological water analysis is obtained (absence of total coliform and E. coli in 100ml of samples).
- Satisfactory free chlorine residual is maintained at the entry to the distribution system.
- Free chlorine residual is detectable & maintained throughout the distribution system.
The public will be notified once this advisory is lifted.
The Town apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.
For further information about the Boil Water Advisory, please call:
Town Office: 896-3321 Government Service Centre: 896-5471