Public Service Announcement
Update: Boil Water Advisory LIFTED for
Spruce Park, Hamilton Heights, Northside (Canadian Side) Only
Information for the Public
Release Date: September 19, 2019
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay is advising residents and business that the Boil Water Advisory for the below-listed areas only is LIFTED:
- Spruce Park
- Hamilton Heights (MOT)
- North Side (Canadian Side)
Residents are advised that due to ongoing upgrades to the Sandhill Reservoir a Boil Water Advisory remains in effect for the entire Valley Area (Voisey Drive/Mealy Mountain Collegiate to all Valley area) until further notice.
Areas Covered in this Boil Water Advisory:
- All Streets, All Residential, All Business – Valley Area (Voisey Drive/Mealy Mountain Collegiate to all Valley area)
Residents are advised to bring water that you might ingest to a rolling boil for one (1) minute. For Example, boil water used for:
- Brushing teeth
- Making juice from concentrate and powders
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Making tea, coffee, and other hot drinks
- Making infant formula and cereals
The Boil Water Advisory will remain in effect until upgrades to the Sandhill Water Reservoir is complete, and the following criteria are met:
- At least one (1) satisfactory bacteriological water analysis is obtained (absence of total coliform and E. coli in 100ml of samples).
- Satisfactory free chlorine residual is maintained at the entry to the distribution system.
- Free chlorine residual is detectable & maintained throughout the distribution system.
The public will be notified once this advisory is lifted.
The Town apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.
For further information about the Boil Water Advisory, please call Town Office 896-3321 or Government Service Centre: 896-5471