Public Service Announcement
Boil Water Advisory
Information for the Public
Release Date: June 23, 2020
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Department of Water & Sewer is advising residents of a Boil Water Advisory for the below-listed area:
The Boil Water Advisory is necessary due to a Water Line Change at the Tim Hortons location by the contractor, Grey Rock.
Residents are advised to bring water that you might ingest to a rolling boil for one (1) minute. For Example, boil water used for:
- Brushing teeth
- Making juice from concentrate and powders
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Making tea, coffee, and other hot drinks
- Making infant formula and cereals
The Boil Water Advisory will remain in effect until the following criteria are met:
- At least one (1) satisfactory bacteriological water analysis is obtained (absence of total coliform and E. coli in 100ml of samples).
- Satisfactory free chlorine residual is maintained at the entry to the distribution system.
- Free chlorine residual is detectable & maintained throughout the distribution system.
The public will be notified once this advisory is lifted.
The Town apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.
For more information on Boil Water Advisories and Water Quality visit: