Public Service Announcement
Emergency Water Line Repairs – Grand Street
Information for the Public
Release Date: July 21, 2020
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Water & Sewer Department is advising residents and businesses that Emergency Repairs to the Water Line on Grand Street are starting this morning (Tuesday, July 21, 2020).
- Corner of Cabot Crescent & Grand Street
- Corner of Grenfell Street & Grand Street
- Grand Street
Residences and businesses in the Grand Street area may already be experiencing a lower than usual water pressure or complete loss of water pressure and possible discoloration of water. If discoloration occurs, please run taps until it clears. Furthermore, Grande Street will experience a total loss of water throughout the repairs to the Water Line.
Note: A Town-Wide Boil Advisory is in effect
The Town Wide Boil Water Advisory is necessary due to the community-wide power outage on Monday, July 20, 2020, which caused possible zero pressure situations in the Water Distribution System.
Residents and businesses are advised to bring water that you might ingest to a rolling boil for one (1) minute. For Example, boil water used for:
- Brushing teeth
- Making juice from concentrate and powders
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Making tea, coffee, and other hot drinks
- Making infant formula and cereals
The Boil Water Advisory will remain in effect until the following criteria are met:
- At least one (1) satisfactory bacteriological water analysis is obtained (absence of total coliform and E. coli in 100ml of samples).
- Satisfactory free chlorine residual is maintained at the entry to the distribution system.
- Free chlorine residual is detectable & maintained throughout the distribution system.
The public will be notified once this advisory is lifted.
The Town apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.
For more information on Boil Water Advisories and Water Quality visit: