Public Service Announcement
Water Disruption: Bert’s Loop
Information for the Public
Release Date: August 19, 2020
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay is advising residents of an urgent water shut-off for today, Wednesday, August 19, 2020, due to emergency repairs to the Water Distribution Line.
The areas to be affected include:
Skipper Joe’s Variety at 445 Hamilton River Road
Torngat Regional Housing Building at 436 Hamilton River Road
This shut-off is necessary to complete emergency repairs to the Water Distribution Line, supplying the locations mentioned above. As a result of this interruption, the Town will be issuing a Boil Water Advisory (once the work has been completed and water restored) for the above locations until further notice.
Residents and Businesses are advised to bring water that you might ingest to a rolling boil for one (1) minute. For Example, boil water used for:
- Brushing teeth
- Making juice from concentrate and powders
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Making tea, coffee, and other hot drinks
- Making infant formula and cereals
The Boil Water Advisory will remain in effect until the following criteria are met:
- At least one (1) satisfactory bacteriological water analysis is obtained (absence of total coliform and E. coli in 100ml of samples).
- Satisfactory free chlorine residual is maintained at the entry to the distribution system.
- Free chlorine residual is detectable & maintained throughout the distribution system.
The public will be notified once the Boil Water Advisory advisory has been lifted.
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.
For more information on Boil Water Advisories and Water Quality visit: