Public Service Announcement
5 Wing Goose Bay Boil Water Advisory Effective Monday, December 14, 2020
Information for the Public
Release Date: December 11, 2020
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay is advising residents of a Boil Water Advisory declared by 5 Wing Goose Bay to take effect Monday, December 14, 2020, please see the below release.
Areas Covered in this Boil Water Advisory:
- Spruce Park: All Streets (Business & Residential), including Aspen Drive & Burnwood Drive, as well as Skipper Joe’s Convenience & Woodwards C-Store.
- Loring Drive: All Businesses on both sides of the street.
- MOT (Hamilton Heights): All Streets (Business & Residential), including Edmunds Crescent, this also includes Business in the vicinity of Terry’s Tents and Amaruk Golf Club.
- Northside (Canadian Side): All Streets (Business & Residential)
*** Business and Residents located on Hamilton River Road between MOT to Northside (Canadian Side) are included in the Boil Water Advisory. Mealy Mountain Collegiate not included in this Boil Water Advisory.
The Boil Water Advisory will not include locations in the Upper & Lower Valley areas as these areas will be transferred completely to the Town’s Wellfield Water Supply for the duration of the Boil Water Advisory.
Along with the recommendations outlined in 5 Wing Goose Bay’s Public Service Announcement (see below), the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay also recommends the following:
Residents are advised to bring water that you might ingest to a rolling boil for one (1) minute. For Example, boil water used for:
- Brushing teeth
- Making juice from concentrate and powders
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Making tea, coffee, and other hot drinks
- Making infant formula and cereals
The public will be notified once this advisory is lifted by 5 Wing Goose Bay.
The Town apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.
Click the below to download the 5 Wing Goose Bay Public Service Announcement