Public Service Announcement
Reminder: Boil Water Advisory
Spruce Park Area
Information for the Public
Release Date: January 21, 2021
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Department of Water & Sewer is reminding residents of a Boil Water Advisory for the below-listed areas:
Areas Covered in this Boil Water Advisory:
- Spruce Park (all streets, all residential, all business)
The Boil Water Advisory is necessary due to an unexpected interruption in the water distribution line caused by a break in the water distribution line and upon completion of repairs to the water distribution line.
Residents are advised to bring water that you might ingest to a rolling boil for one (1) minute. For Example, boil water used for:
- Brushing teeth
- Making juice from concentrate and powders
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Making tea, coffee, and other hot drinks
- Making infant formula and cereals
Water service has been restored to the above areas, however, residents may experience lower than normal pressure for a temporary period. The Boil Water Advisory will remain in effect until the following criteria are met:
- At least one (1) satisfactory bacteriological water analysis is obtained (absence of total coliform and E. coli in 100ml of samples).
- Satisfactory free chlorine residual is maintained at the entry to the distribution system.
- Free chlorine residual is detectable & maintained throughout the distribution system.
The public will be notified once this advisory is lifted.
The Town apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.