Public Service Announcement
Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Updated Closures
Alert Level 3 Effective 12:01 AM, March 13, 2021
Public Safety Message
Release Date: March 12, 2021
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay is advising the public that it closely monitors information related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). As residents are aware, as of 12:01 AM, Saturday, March 13, 2021, all regions outside of the Avalon Peninsula will move to
COVID-19 Alert Level 3.
For the public’s safety, and in follow up to the precautions previously announced; the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay is advising residents of the below-updated information effective Saturday, March 13, 2021:
CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC FACILITIES:
- Town Hall (appointments only, see below)
- Municipal Depot
- Husky Park Skate Loop
- Goose Bay Curling Club
- Lawrence O’Brien Arts Centre
- Mealy Mountain Collegiate Sportplex
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC FACILITIES:
- EJ Broomfield Memorial Arena (Maximum 20 People), visit EJ Broomfield Memorial Arena & Kinsmen Park – Winter 2020/2021 Schedule | Town of Happy Valley Goose Bay (happyvalley-goosebay.com) for more details on schedule and COVID-19 Guidelines.
- Kinsmen Park Walking Path (10:00 AM to 9:00 PM 7 Days Week, subject to change)
- Lake Melville Dog Park
- Recycling Activities at CAF Arena on Northside (MOT)
The Kinsmen Park Walking Path, Lake Melville Dog Park, and Recycling Activities at CAF Arena (HVGB Recyclers) are open (subject to change). Residents must adhere to Physical Distancing Guidelines at these facilities. The Town will monitor facilities.
If deemed physical distancing is an issue at these facilities, they will be closed to the public in the interest of public health and safety. Washroom facilities are not available at either facility. Access to Kinsmen Park Walking Trail will be from the Parking Lot. For information about the HVGB Recyclers, please refer to their Facebook Page.
ALL ESSENTIAL SERVICES WILL STILL BE AVAILABLE, INCLUDING:
- Town Hall – Individual Appointments only – telephone 896-3321 for appointments
- Water & Sewer Services
- Roads (Snow Clearing)
- Residential Roadside Garbage Pickup
- Municipal Landfill (Dump)
- Fire & Emergency Services
- Municipal Enforcement (including Animal Control) call 896-3322 or [email protected]
These unprecedented measures, though unfortunate, are necessary to be proactive against the potential spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), and the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay extends thanks to the public for their understanding at this time.
In consultation with officials at Labrador Grenfell Health and guidance released by the Provincial Chief Medical Officer of Health’s office, the 12th Council of Happy Valley-Goose and Management will monitor updates relating to the pandemic and update residents regularly.
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay asks residents to please share this information, particularly with our seniors who may not have access to Social Media or the Internet in general.
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay strongly recommends that residents and businesses utilize a cautious approach and exercise recommended practices to prevent the potential spread of COVID-19.
For more information on Alert Level 3 and to stay up to date on the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), visit: