Public Service Announcement
Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay COVID-19 Update
Alert Level 2 Effective 12:01 AM, March 27, 2021
Public Safety Message
Release Date: March 26, 2021
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay is advising the public that it closely monitors information related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). As residents are aware, as of 12:01 AM, Saturday, March 27, 2021, the entire province of Newfoundland and Labrador will move to COVID-19 Alert Level 2.
For the public’s safety, and in follow up to the precautions previously announced; the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay is advising residents of the below-updated information effective Saturday, March 27, 2021:
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC FACILITIES:
• EJ Broomfield Memorial Arena (Maximum 50 People), visit EJ Broomfield Memorial Arena & Kinsmen Park – Winter 2020/2021 Schedule | Town of Happy Valley Goose Bay (happyvalley-goosebay.com) for more details on schedule and COVID-19 Guidelines.
• Kinsmen Park Walking Path (10:00 AM to 9:00 PM 7 Days Week, subject to change)
• Lake Melville Dog Park
• Recycling Activities at CAF Arena on Northside (MOT)
• Goose Bay Curling Club (Maximum 50 People)
• Lawrence O’Brien Arts Centre (Maximum 50 People)
• Mealy Mountain Collegiate Sportplex (When seasonal conditions permit)
• Playgrounds (When seasonal conditions permit)
The Town Hall will be accessible to the public with the below Alert Level 2 measures in place:
• The public will be permitted to pay their Tax Bills and other fees at Town Hall from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday to Friday, starting March 29, 2021.
• For all other services, please call 896-3321 to arrange an appointment.
• Barricades are in place to allow only for a straight path between the bill payment counter and the door. If someone is already at the Counter when you arrive, please wait outside until that individual leaves to ensure Physical Distancing.
• A plexiglass barrier is in place to provide a safe physical distance while serving residents.
• Staff to wear masks at all times.
• All visitors to Town Hall must wear a mask as per Provincial Public Health Guidelines.
• The Clerk will wipe down the debit machine after each transaction.
Note: The deadline to receive a 5% Discount on Tax Bills has been extended from April 30 to June 30, 2021.
Note: Interest Charges on 2021 Tax Billings, including water and sewer fees, are waived until July 31, 2021.
These unprecedented measures are necessary to be proactive against the potential spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), and the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay extends thanks to the public for their understanding at this time.
In consultation with officials at Labrador Grenfell Health and guidance released by the Provincial Chief Medical Officer of Health’s office, the 12th Council of Happy Valley-Goose and Management will monitor updates relating to the pandemic and update residents regularly.
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay asks residents to please share this information, particularly with our seniors who may not have access to Social Media or the Internet in general.
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay strongly recommends that residents and businesses utilize a cautious approach and exercise recommended practices to prevent the potential spread of COVID-19.
For more information on Alert Level 2 and to stay up to date on the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), visit: