Public Service Announcement
5 Wing Goose Bay Water Pump Maintenance
Boil Water Advisory effective Saturday, May 15, 2021
Spruce Park, MOT (Hamilton Heights), Loring Drive, Northside – ALL STREETS
Information for the Public
Release Date: May 14, 2020
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Department of Water & Sewer is reminding residents that 5 Wing Goose Bay will be undergoing Water Pump Maintenance beginning May 14, 2021, from 7:00 PM until 3:00 AM, Saturday, May 15, 2021.
While water loss is expected for areas of 5 Wing, water loss is not expected for the below-listed areas:
- Spruce Park: All Streets (Business & Residential), including Aspen Drive & Burnwood Drive, as well as Skipper Joe’s Convenience.
- Loring Drive: All Business & Residential
- MOT (Hamilton Heights): All Streets (Business & Residential), including Edmunds Crescent, this also includes Business in the vicinity of Terry’s Tents and Amaruk Golf Club.
- Northside (Canadian Side): All Streets (Business & Residential)
In an abundance of caution, 5 Wing Goose Bay will implement a Boil Water Advisory beginning Saturday, May 15, 2021, for 5 Wing Goose Bay as well as the areas mentioned above.
The Boil Water Advisory does not include residents and businesses in the Upper and Lower Valley areas.
Residents are advised to bring water that you might ingest to a rolling boil for one (1) minute. For Example, boil water used for:
- Brushing teeth
- Making juice from concentrate and powders
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Making tea, coffee, and other hot drinks
- Making infant formula and cereals
The Boil Water Advisory will remain in effect until the following criteria are met:
- At least one (1) satisfactory bacteriological water analysis is obtained (absence of total coliform and E. coli in 100ml of samples).
- Satisfactory free chlorine residual is maintained at the entry to the distribution system.
- Free chlorine residual is detectable & maintained throughout the distribution system.
The public will be notified once this advisory is lifted.
The Town apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please see the below photo for further details.