Public Service Announcement
Boil Water Advisory
8-32 and 13-33 Grand Street, 48A Cabot Crescent, 36 Grenfell Street
Information for the Public
UPDATED: June 29, 2021
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay is advising residents located at 8-32 Grand Street, 13-33 Grand Street, 48 A Cabot Crescent and 36 Grenfell Street that due to repairs in this area, the Town’s Department of Water & Sewer are recommending a Boil Water Advisory for those locations.
This is a precaution only given that there may be zero pressure situations in the water lines.
Areas Covered in this Boil Water Advisory:
- 8-32 Grand Street
- 13-33 Grand Street
- 48A Cabot Crescent
- 36 Grenfell Street
Residents are advised to bring water that you might ingest to a rolling boil for one (1) minute. For Example, boil water used for:
- Brushing teeth
- Making juice from concentrate and powders
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Making tea, coffee, and other hot drinks
- Making infant formula and cereals
The Boil Water Advisory will remain in effect until the following criteria are met:
- At least one (1) satisfactory bacteriological water analysis is obtained (absence of total coliform and E. coli in 100ml of samples).
- Satisfactory free chlorine residual is maintained at the entry to the distribution system.
- Free chlorine residual is detectable & maintained throughout the distribution system.
The public will be notified once this advisory is lifted.
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.