Public Service Announcement
WATER SHUT OFF
Information for the Public
Release Date: July 6, 2021
July 7, 2021
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Water & Sewer Department advises residents that there will be a water shut off on Wednesday, July 7th starting at 8:30 AM in the area of Hamilton River Road and Commercial Street. This water shut off is necessary to complete water line repairs. Crews expect the repair to take approximately 6 hours.
The following streets will be affected:
- Number 2 to 6 Hamilton River Road
- Number 1 to 9 Hamilton River Road
- Number 2 Montagnais Road
Residents are advised that once all repairs have been completed, a Boil Water Advisory will come into effect.
Residents are advised to bring water that you might ingest to a rolling boil for one (1) minute. For Example, boil water used for:
- Brushing teeth
- Making juice from concentrate and powders
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Making tea, coffee, and other hot drinks
- Making infant formula and cereals
The Boil Water Advisory will remain in effect until the following criteria are met:
- At least one (1) satisfactory bacteriological water analysis is obtained (absence of total coliform and E. coli in 100ml of samples).
- Satisfactory free chlorine residual is maintained at the entry to the distribution system.
- Free chlorine residual is detectable & maintained throughout the distribution system.
The public will be notified once this advisory is lifted.
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.