Home-Based Business Registration
“We can help you to set up your business.”
It is a big step to set up a new Home-Based Business, but the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay can assist you to get it started. The following steps are required to open and operate a Home-Based Business:
- The Discretionary Land Use Application Form, and the Business Registration Application Form, need to be filled out and returned to the Town along with the $275 Discretionary Land Use application fee.
- The Town will advertise and discuss at Community Planning & Development committee, and Council will then vote on the recommendation that the committee makes to council.
- Once council has approved, we can move forward to the actual business registration ($100 fee).
- A Fire Life Safety Inspection will have to be completed (contact the Town’s Fire Protection Office at 709-896-7128), but this is one of the last steps required.
- Once your home-based business has been approved by Council, all applicable business registration fees have been paid, home inspection paid and approved, the business is subject to a home-based business tax amount of 1% of gross revenue or a minimum amount of $300.00. This will be billed once all steps above have been complete and is applicable for the fiscal year Jan-Dec.
We are available at any time during the process to help with any steps of the application. For further information please contact our Municipal Technician at: (709) 896-3593 or by e-mail at: email@example.com