As we adapt to a new normal, we need to modify how we serve residents and businesses. Though cash and cheque will be accepted, the preferred method of payment is Debit or Credit card.
In-Person Monday to Friday – 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
The Town Hall will be accessible to those who wish to pay 2022 Tax Bills.
Online & Other Payment Options –
Property Owners and Commercial Tenants are strongly encouraged to pay their annual tax bills using electronic methods. Outlined below are payment methods currently available. We have also created an infographic that explains the process, click HERE for more information or proceed to the below:
- Online Banking Platforms – The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay is currently registered with the following financial institutions:
Royal Bank of Canada (RBC),
Bank of Montreal (BMO),
TD Canada Trust, and
Central 1 Credit Union (Eagle River Credit Union, League Savings and Mortgage).
In the Add a payee section, search the word “Happy” and you will be able to locate the Town’s payee name. Next, the account number will be the six- or nine-digit “Municipal Account Number” found on your tax bill (see below sample invoice) followed by enough zeroes (0), either five or two, to reach 11 digits in total. Please call (709) 896-3321 if you require assistance. Click HERE to download a copy of the sample tax bill.
2) Mortgage Company – Municipal Taxes (property & water/sewer) may have been included with your mortgage payment. If “COPY SENT TO MORTGAGOR” was printed on your 2022 Bill, the bank will receive your bill directly from the Town and pay your taxes by the due date and take advantage of the early payment discount.
3) Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) – Businesses may request to pay tax invoices via EFT. Please email your EFT request form to DFO@TownHVGB.com to register. Remittance advices must also be sent to this address.
4) Cheque or Money Order – Cheques/Money Orders can be made payable to the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay and sent via regular mail to the address on your bill. Please include the remittance portion from the bill with your cheque. Alternatively, write the Municipal Account Number and/or Customer Number on the memo line. Cheque or Money Order (Not Cash) can also be placed in the secure Drop Box located at the entrance of the Town Hall.
5) In branch – You may be able to pay your tax bill over the counter at your branch if you bank with one of the institutions listed above. Payment will be by way of deduction from your bank account, not with cash or by credit card. Please contact your branch directly to confirm hours before visiting.
Commercial and Business Customers are strongly encouraged to pay invoices using electronic methods.
1) Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) – Businesses may request to pay non-tax invoices via EFT. Please email your EFT request form to DFO@TownHVGB.com to register.
2) By Cheque or Money Order – Cheques/Money Orders can be made payable to the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay and sent via regular mail to the address on your bill. Please include a list of invoices being paid with the payment.
3) Interac E-Transfer – Invoices for anything other than tax bills may be paid by Interac e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Input your invoice number in the Message field.
NOTE 1: The Town is unable to take credit card payments over the phone or by fax for security reasons. If you are unable to send payments via any of the methods listed, please call 896-3321 for assistance.
NOTE 3: The Town’s Property Tax Low Income Relief Policy, outlined in Finance Policy F0009, remains in effect. Qualifying residents may print and complete the 2022 application, click HERE to download and submit it along with their 2020 Notice of Assessment from the CRA to SAT@townhvgb.com. Residents without internet access are asked to please call 896-3321 for further assistance.