The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay is advising the public that it closely monitors information related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). As residents are aware, as of 12:01 AM, Saturday, March 27, 2021, the entire province of Newfoundland and Labrador has moved to
COVID-19 Alert Level 2
For the public’s safety, and in follow up to the precautions previously announced; the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay is advising residents of the below-updated information effective Saturday, March 27, 2021:
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC FACILITIES:
- Kinsmen Park
- Lake Melville Dog Park
- Recycling Activities at CAF Arena on Northside (MOT)
- Goose Bay Curling Club (Maximum 50 People)
- Lawrence O’Brien Arts Centre (Maximum 50 People)
- Mealy Mountain Collegiate Sportplex (When seasonal conditions permit)
- Playgrounds (When seasonal conditions permit)
The Town Hall will be accessible to the public with the below Alert Level 2 measures in place:
- The public will be permitted to pay their Tax Bills and other fees at Town Hall from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday to Friday, starting March 29, 2021.
- For all other services, please call 896-3321 to arrange an appointment.
- Barricades are in place to allow only for a straight path between the bill payment counter and the door. If someone is already at the Counter when you arrive, please wait outside until that individual leaves to ensure Physical Distancing.
- A plexiglass barrier is in place to provide a safe physical distance while serving residents.
- Effective Tuesday, August 10, 2021, Masks are no longer Mandatory.
These unprecedented measures, though unfortunate, are necessary to be proactive against the potential spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), and the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay extends thanks to the public for their understanding at this time.
In consultation with officials at Labrador Grenfell Health and guidance released by the Provincial Chief Medical Officer of Health’s office, the 12th Council of Happy Valley-Goose and Management will monitor updates relating to the pandemic and update residents regularly.
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay asks residents to please share this information, particularly with our seniors who may not have access to Social Media or the Internet in general.
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay strongly recommends that residents and businesses utilize a cautious approach and exercise recommended practices to prevent the potential spread of COVID-19.
For more information on Alert Level 2 and to stay up to date on the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), visit: