2022 SAM Scholarship Application is Now Open!
For many years, the Stewardship Association of Municipalities (SAM) and our partner organizations have been involved in invaluable conservation projects in every corner of Newfoundland and Labrador. The SAM Conservation Fund allows SAM to continue contributing to the conservation of Newfoundland and Labrador’s environment for future generations. The Conservation Fund, has allowed SAM to establish an endowment fund, whose long-term vision is to grant annual realized equity to eligible applicants who are seeking to undertake wildlife habitat restoration, enhancement and stewardship projects in this province.
The first SAM Scholarship was awarded in 2015, and since then SAM has awarded annually a $1000 scholarship to a student either from or studying in Newfoundland and Labrador whose interests, activities and post-secondary goals are focused on the conservation of habitat in this province.
To be eligible, the applicant:
- Must be a resident of or studying in Newfoundland and Labrador;
- Is (or will be) enrolled in a post-secondary program in the 2022-2023 academic year;
- Demonstrates an active commitment to conservation in Newfoundland and Labrador.
The application for the 2022 scholarship is now available on our website, to apply:
- Download and fill out the application form found on our website here;
- Include a copy of your most recent resume/C.V.
- Include a copy of your most recent school transcripts (unofficial is fine)
- Email the completed application form, along with your resume/C.V. AND transcripts to email@example.com.
The deadline for the 2022 scholarship applications
is May 1st, 2022
Please forward the application to any interested parties within
your school, organization, group, or community.