Public Service Announcement
Boil Water Advisory
Information for the Public
Release Date: February 23, 2021
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Department of Water & Sewer is advising residents of a Boil Water Advisory for the below listed areas:
Areas Covered in this Boil Water Advisory:
Windsor Drive #1 to #71 and #2 to #64
Roberts Road #1 to #45 and #2 to #42
Hope Street (both sides of the street)
Oliver Drive (both sides of the street)
Morris Crescent (both sides of the street)
Cooper Crescent (both sides of the street)
The Boil Water Advisory is necessary due to an interruption in the water distribution line caused by a break in the water distribution line and upon completion of repairs to the water distribution line.
Residents are advised to bring water that you might ingest to a rolling boil for one (1) minute. For Example, boil water used for:
- Brushing teeth
- Making juice from concentrate and powders
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Making tea, coffee, and other hot drinks
- Making infant formula and cereals
Water service has been restored to the above areas, however, residents may experience lower than normal pressure for a temporary period. The Boil Water Advisory will remain in effect until the following criteria are met:
- At least one (1) satisfactory bacteriological water analysis is obtained (absence of total coliform and E. coli in 100ml of samples).
- Satisfactory free chlorine residual is maintained at the entry to the distribution system.
- Free chlorine residual is detectable & maintained throughout the distribution system.
The public will be notified once this advisory is lifted.
The Town apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.