Information for the Public
Release Date: August 22, 2023
*****LIFTED August 29/23*****
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Department of Water & Sewer is advising residents and businesses of a Boil Water Advisory for the below-listed areas as of August 22, 2023:
Palliser Crescent from Green Street to Hefler Street
Residents are advised to bring water that they might ingest to a rolling boil for one (1) minute. For example, boil water to be used for:
- Brushing teeth
- Making juice from concentrate and powders
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Making tea, coffee, and other hot drinks
- Making infant formula and cereals
The Boil Water Advisory will remain in effect until the following criteria are met:
- At least one (1) satisfactory bacteriological water analysis is obtained (absence of total coliform and E. coli in 100ml of samples).
- Satisfactory free chlorine residual is maintained at the entry to the distribution system.
- Free chlorine residual is detectable & maintained throughout the distribution system.
The public will be notified once this advisory is lifted.
The Town apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.
For more information on Boil Water Advisories and Water Quality visit: