Public Service Announcement
Boil Water Advisory
Section of Kelland Drive
Information for the Public
Release Date: July 21, 2021
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Department of Water & Sewer is advising residents of a Boil Water Advisory for the below-listed locations:
Businesses located on Kelland Drive listed below are covered in this Boil Water Advisory:
- All Wheel Drive – Kelland Drive
- Department of Fisheries Building – Kelland Drive
- Dollar Store – Kelland Drive
- Toss Signs – Kelland Drive
- NunatuKavut – Kelland Drive
- Nunatsiavut – Kelland Drive
- Northern Oil – Kelland Drive
- Emma’s Suites – Kelland Drive
- New Provincial Court House – Kelland Drive
The Boil Water Advisory is necessary due to an unexpected interruption in the water distribution line caused by a break in the water distribution line and upon completion of repairs to the water distribution line.
Businesses are advised to bring water that may be ingested to a rolling boil for one (1) minute. For Example, boil water that is used for:
- Brushing teeth
- Making juice from concentrate and powders
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Making tea, coffee, and other hot drinks
- Making infant formula and cereals
Water service has been restored to the above locations. However, businesses may experience lower than normal pressure for a temporary period. Discolouration of water may be present, if so, please runs taps until the water colour clears.
The Boil Water Advisory will remain in effect until the following criteria are met:
- At least one (1) satisfactory bacteriological water analysis is obtained (absence of total coliform and E. coli in 100ml of samples).
- Satisfactory free chlorine residual is maintained at the entry to the distribution system.
- Free chlorine residual is detectable & maintained throughout the distribution system.
The public will be notified once this advisory is lifted.
The Town apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.