Work performed by the Water and Sewer Department did not result in having to turn off the water, therefor the Boil Water Advisory was not necessary. The Town apologizes for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused.
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Department of Water & Sewer is advising residents and businesses of a Boil Water Advisory for the area specified below:
- Spruce Park
The Boil Water Advisory is necessary due to maintenance / repairs to the water line.
Residents are advised to bring water that they might ingest to a rolling boil for one (1) minute. For example, boil water used for:
- Brushing teeth
- Making juice from concentrate and powders
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Making tea, coffee, and other hot drinks
- Making infant formula and cereals
The Boil Water Advisory will remain in effect until the following criteria have been met:
- Two (2) sets of satisfactory bacteriological water samples are obtained (absence of total coliform and absence of E. coli per 100ml of sample) from both areas.
- Satisfactory free chlorine residual is maintained at the entry to the distribution system.
- Free chlorine residual is detectable & maintained throughout the distribution system.
The public will be notified once this advisory is lifted. The Town apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.
For more information on Boil Water Advisories and Water Quality visit: https://www.gov.nl.ca/eccm/waterres/quality/drinkingwater/advisories/