Public Service Announcement
EJ Broomfield Memorial Arena Winter Events Schedule
UPDATED November 13, 2020
Information for the Public
Release Date: November 13, 2020
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Department of Community Services & Recreation is advising residents that the EJ Broomfield Arena Winter Schedule resumed on Sunday, November 1, 2020, with the below events schedule. Please note, there is no charge for the events listed below.
Public Skate (REVISED) Sundays Was Sundays from 2:00 PM to 2:50 PM. For the next three Sundays, see the new revision:
Sunday, November 15, 2020 from 2:00 PM to 2:40 PM & 3:00 PM to 3:40 PM
Sunday, November 22, 2020 from 2:00 PM to 2:40 PM & 3:00 PM to 3:40 PM
Sunday, November 29, 2020 from 2:00 PM to 2:40 PM & 3:00 PM to 3:40 PM
Hockey Skate (age 16 years +) Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 1:00 PM to 1:50 PM
Senior Hockey Skate (age 55 years +) Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Senior Skate (55 years +) Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM
Public Skate – Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 12:00 PM to 12:45 PM
Residents are also advised of the following guidelines in effect to help prevent the potential spread of COVID-19:
- Doors to the EJ Broomfield Memorial Arena will be open 15 minutes prior to the start of the above-mentioned events and will be locked 5 minutes after the start of the above-mentioned events.
- Maximum of 35 Skaters permitted on a “first come first serve” basis. Helmets are recommended while on the ice surface.
- Spectators not permitted at the above-mentioned events.
- Masks must be worn once inside the arena but can be removed once on the ice. When leaving ice, masks must be worn again.
- Upon entry of arena, a form must be filled out, hand sanitizer is also available. The “Fit to Play” screening process must be completed by anyone entering the EJ Broomfield Memorial Arena.
- Chairs will be available for individuals to use to put on / remove skates.
- Please adhere to Physical Distancing guidelines by keep minimum of 6 feet (2 metres) between yourself and others. “Stay within your bubble and try not to burst others”.
- Only four skaters at one time can occupy benches for any required resting. Physical Distancing Markers are present and we ask skaters to respect this guideline.
- Once skating events listed above are finished, we respectfully ask that you take off your skates, gather belongings and exit the arena within 10 minutes. This will allow staff to clean and prep for the next event.
- Please familiarize yourself and your family and follow any other rules as required by the provincial health guidelines found at the following link:
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Department of Community Services & Recreation is pleased to welcome you back to your EJ Broomfield Memorial Arena.