Public Service Announcement
Important Safety Reminder
Emergency Management Plan – Emergency Alerts System
Release Date: August 19, 2019
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay is reminding residents that registration to the Upper Lake Melville – Emergency Alerts System is still ongoing.
Residents who have not already registered can still register by following the below link:
Anyone requiring assistance with registering can drop by the Town Hall Monday to Friday from 8:00AM to 4:00PM and we would be happy to assist.
The public is also reminded that the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay does have an Emergency Management Plan in place.
The Town’s Emergency Management Plan (EMP) was adopted on April 26th, 2016 and is a comprehensive plan detailing emergency measures in different scenarios. The EMP is a working document that is reviewed annually and, where necessary, revised by the Emergency Planning Committee. The Town works in conjunction with the following local & Provincial organizations to deliver emergency services during disasters in our community:
- Fire & Emergency Services (FES), Newfoundland and Labrador
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) Goose Bay
- Department of National Defence, 5 Wing Goose Bay
- Labrador Grenfell-Health
- Happy Valley-Goose Bay Fire Department
- Goose Bay Airport Corporation
- Department of Advanced Education, Skills & Labour
- Department of Natural Resources
- NL English School District
- Department of Transportation & Works
A copy of the Emergency Response Plan is available on the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Website in the A-Z Services section and “Emergency Preparedness”, or by clicking the below: