|The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Water & Sewer Department advises residents that there will be a loss of water services today, October 28th . This water shut off is unplanned, however necessary to complete water line repairs. Crews expect the repair should be complete by 3:00 PM today.
The following streets will be affected:
· Grenfell Street
. Grand Street
. Corte Real Road
Residents are advised that once all repairs have been completed, a Boil Water Advisory will come into effect.
Residents are advised to bring water that you might ingest to a rolling boil for one (1) minute. For Example, boil water used for:
– Brushing teeth
– Making juice from concentrate and powders
– Washing fruits and vegetables
– Making tea, coffee, and other hot drinks
– Making infant formula and cereals
The Boil Water Advisory will remain in effect until the following criteria are met:
1. At least one (1) satisfactory bacteriological water analysis is obtained (absence of total coliform and E. coli in 100ml of samples).
2. Satisfactory free chlorine residual is maintained at the entry to the distribution system.
3. Free chlorine residual is detectable & maintained throughout the distribution system.
The public will be notified once this advisory is lifted.
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.