Public Service Announcement
General Complaints & Social Media
Information for the Public
Release Date: April 6, 2021
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay would like to remind the public that the Town has a General Complaints process that describes the process for filing a complaint and allows the Town to respond most efficiently.
Furthermore, the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay does not consider Social Media platforms as an avenue for filing a complaint. Residents are encouraged to contact 896.3321 or visit the Town Hall between the hours of 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday, if they wish to file an official complaint.
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay supports social media use to provide information on and promote awareness of its programs and services. Social media sites may help provide additional public service; enhance the profile of the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay and its programs in the public domain; increase traffic to the “Town Website”; invite collaboration; obtain feedback or network. For more information on the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Social Media Policy (Policy #A0028), check out the Policies section found in A-Z Services of the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay website.
While the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay utilizes third-party Facebook Groups such as “Concerning Happy Valley-Goose Bay” to share important information to residents, it does not Moderate such groups is not responsible for opinions views expressed on such sites.
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay has various options available to residents for filing official complaints, allowing the Town to respond in the most efficient and timely manner. The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay does not consider Social Media posts on platforms such as Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, Instagram, etc., as an avenue for filing a complaint.
For General Complaints (Non-Enforcement Related):
Residents are encouraged to file official complaints in one of the following manners:
- Telephone 896-3321: When calling to file a complaint, you must provide your contact information. The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay will not accept anonymous complaints. If calling outside of regular business hours, please leave a voicemail that includes your name, contact number, and the nature of your complaint.
- To report after-hours Water & Sewer related issues, please contact 896-2212
- Facsimile (Fax) 896-9454
- In-Person: Visit the Town Hall between the hours of 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
- Email: email@example.com
- Town Website: Residents can submit complaints via the “Contact Us” section of the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay official website.
*The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay will not accept anonymous complaints or complaints via Social Media. For any of the above processes, you must provide the following information:
- Name (First & Last)
- Civic Address
- Telephone Number
- Email Address (if applicable)
- Nature of your complaint
For Complaints of an Enforcement nature, please visit the Municipal Enforcement Department section of our website.