The business awards will be presented during a virtual awards ceremony on Friday, October 23, 2020, with the virtual online ceremony starting at 5:00 PM on the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay YouTube Channel.
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay is pleased to announce that the winners in all four categories of our 2020 Heart of Labrador Business Awards will receive the following:
· A 2-3 minute professionally filmed and edited video of the business, to use free of charge as promotional material on websites/social media channels. The Town has hired professional videographer John Graham, himself a small business owner
· A commemorative trophy to be displayed within the business, with the name of the award and business name. Imagine how this will look behind the counter!
· The opportunity to showcase the business to all participants in the Awards Ceremony. This year, the ceremony will be virtual and livestreamed across the Town’s media platforms, and attendance is open to all. All finalists for every category will receive mention and have their logo displayed during the presentation
With a strong labour force, Happy Valley-Goose Bay is fortunate to have over 250+ small businesses registered with the Town. These businesses, while providing products and services to our residents, also offer the same valuable products and services to the much larger businesses community.
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay has long recognized that entrepreneurs and small businesses are a vital component of our community. We are excited to celebrate and highlight the many local successes stories. The Heart of Labrador Business Awards will recognize and highlight community Entrepreneurs and Small Businesses in four categories.
Categories & Criteria:
· Outstanding Home-Based Business (New for 2020)
o Awarded to a business where the principal business activities take place within a place of residence. The resident of the dwelling is the principle operator of the business.
· Outstanding Contribution to the Community
o Awarded to a Small Business (employer or employee) in recognition of their significant contributions to their community, through giving their time and talents. Their dedication is reflected in the day-to-day operations of the business/time at work as well as any volunteer and outreach work done on behalf of the company.
· Outstanding Quality of Service
o Awarded to a Small Business (employer or employee) in recognition of having gone above and beyond to provide the best customer service and/or work environment. The successful nominee will have demonstrated consistency in their commitment to their workplace and customers.
· Outstanding Commitment to the Environment
o Awarded to a Small Business (employer or employee) for their consistent efforts to protect and uphold environmental best practices.
Small Business Week is a trademark of the BDC and recognized across the Country. From October 18 – 24, 2020, the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay, along with our valued community partners, is planning a week of special events aimed at celebrating and promoting small businesses in our community. The theme of Small Business Week 2020 is “Forging The Way Forward.”