Public Service Announcement
Husky Park Outdoor Skate Loop Opening
Information for the Public
Release Date: February 5, 2021
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Department of Community Services & Recreation is pleased to advise residents that the Husky Park Skate Loop will open to the public Sunday, February 7, 2021, at 1:00 PM.
The Husky Park Skate Loop will be open for public use with the following schedule effective Sunday, February 7, 2021 (schedule subject to change):
Saturdays & Sundays – 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Tuesdays & Thursdays – 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (Lights will be on)
Community Services & Recreation Staff will require time to continue maintaining the ice surface after each use. Therefore we will not be able to extend the hours at this time.
As the Outdoor Skate Loop will be an unsupervised facility, please respect the below guidelines as well as other skaters while using the Husky Park Outdoor Skate Loop.
- Children 12 years and under must be supervised by a parent or guardian.
- A maximum of 35 Skaters on the loop is recommended at one time. If more than 35 skaters show up, then the first 35 skaters have access to one hour, then the second 35 skaters will have the next hour.
- Please skate in one direction.
- Please practice physical distancing at all times, either on or off the ice.
- No Smoking on or around the Husky Park Facility.
- While helmets are not mandatory, it is encouraged.
- The use of Hockey Sticks and Pucks is prohibited on the loop.
- No Pets are permitted at Husky Park Facility.
- While masks are not required on the loop, it is recommended that spectators wear a mask and adhere to physical distancing guidelines of 6 feet apart.
- Washroom facilities will not be available.
Access to the Husky Park Skate Loop will be from behind the EJ Broomfield Memorial Arena. Motorists are advised to proceed with extreme caution. Please practice physical distancing at all times when accessing the facility.
Users are advised that Husky Park is under 24-hour video surveillance.
In consultation with officials at Labrador Grenfell Health and guidance released by the Provincial Chief Medical Officer of Health’s office, the 12th Council of Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Management, and Staff will continue to monitor updates relating to the pandemic and update residents regularly.