Public Service Announcement
Information for the Public
Husky Park Outdoor Skate Rink & Walking Path
Opening Thursday, March 3, 2022
Release Date: March 2, 2022
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Department of Community Services & Recreation is pleased to advise residents that the Husky Park Skate Outdoor Skate Rink will open to the public effective 9:00 AM, Thursday, March 3, 2022.
The Town’s Public Works and Community Services & Recreation staff has been successful in transforming Husky Park into an outdoor skating rink with the added bonus of a walking path that circles the perimeter of the skating rink.
This amazing outdoor facility will be open to residents Monday to Sunday – 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM for as long as weather conditions permit (schedule subject to change). Holiday Lights will remain on in the evenings.
As the Outdoor Skate Rink will be an unsupervised facility, please respect the below guidelines as well as other skaters while using the Husky Park Outdoor Skate Rink.
- Children 12 years and under must be supervised by a parent or guardian.
- Please skate in one direction.
- No Smoking on or around the Husky Park Facility.
- While helmets are not mandatory, it is encouraged.
- The use of Nets, Hockey Sticks Broomball Brooms, Balls, and Pucks is prohibited on the Skate Rink.
- No Pets are permitted at Husky Park Facility.
- Washroom facilities will not be available.
Access to the Husky Park Skate Loop will be from Broomfield Street. Motorists are advised to proceed with extreme caution. Please practice physical distancing at all times when accessing the facility.
Users are advised that Husky Park is under 24-hour video surveillance.
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay is pleased to be able to bring you this amazing outdoor facility and encourages all to take advantage while conditions allow.