|The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Water & Sewer Department advises residents that today, November 22, 2022 crews completed repairs to the Water Distribution System. As a result water services were suspended for 2 hours in the area, thus resulting in a Boil Water Advisory.
The following streets will be affected:
· All of Spruce Park
Residents are advised to bring water that you might ingest to a rolling boil for one (1) minute. For Example, boil water used for:
– Brushing teeth
– Making juice from concentrate and powders
– Washing fruits and vegetables
– Making tea, coffee, and other hot drinks
– Making infant formula and cereals
The Boil Water Advisory will remain in effect until the following criteria are met:
1. At least one (1) satisfactory bacteriological water analysis is obtained (absence of total coliform and E. coli in 100ml of samples).
2. Satisfactory free chlorine residual is maintained at the entry to the distribution system.
3. Free chlorine residual is detectable & maintained throughout the distribution system.
The public will be notified once this advisory is lifted.
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.