Public Service Announcement
Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay
Mandatory Mask Wearing Returns
Public Safety Message
Release Date: September 17, 2021
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay closely monitors information related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Therefore, on Friday, September 17, 2021, the Provincial Chief Medical Officer of Health has announced as of 12:01 AM, Saturday, September 18, 2021, the wearing of Masks at all inside public spaces and Schools is Mandatory.
The Town Hall will be accessible to the public with the below Alert Level 2 measures in place:
- The public will be permitted to pay their Tax Bills and other fees at Town Hall from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday to Friday.
- For all other services, please call 896-3321 to arrange an appointment.
- Barricades are in place to allow only for a straight path between the bill payment counter and the door. If someone is already at the Counter when you arrive, please wait outside until that individual leaves to ensure Physical Distancing.
- A plexiglass barrier is in place to provide a safe physical distance while serving residents.
- Staff to wear masks at all times.
- All visitors to Town Hall, EJ Broomfield Memorial Arena, and all other publicly accessible indoor Town Facilities must wear a mask as per Provincial Public Health Guidelines effective 12:01 AM, Saturday, September 18, 2021.
These unprecedented measures are necessary to be proactive against the potential spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay extends thanks to the public for their understanding.
In consultation with officials at Labrador Grenfell Health and guidance released by the Provincial Chief Medical Officer of Health’s office, the 12th Council of Happy Valley-Goose and Management will monitor updates relating to the pandemic and update residents regularly.
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay asks residents to please share this information, particularly with our seniors who may not have access to Social Media or the Internet in general.
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay strongly recommends that residents and businesses utilize a cautious approach and exercise recommended practices to prevent the potential spread of COVID-19.
For more information and to stay up to date on the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), visit: