Public Service Announcement
Reminder Deadline Tax Discount
Information for the Public
Release Date: May 26, 2020
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay is advising the public that it is closely monitoring information related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
To help further protect the health, safety, and welfare of all residents of Happy Valley-Goose Bay, the 12th Council of the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay is reminding residents that the deadline to avail of the 5% discount on your tax bill has been extended to 4:00 PM, Friday, May 29, 2020, for those paying in person at Town Hall.
As we continue to adapt to a new normal, we have also modified how we serve residents. Although during the start of the 2020 tax season, the Town provided several bill payment options, the Town Hall has reopened to allow residents the opportunity to avail of the extended discount period. Though cash and cheque will be accepted, the preferred method of payment is debit or credit card.
The Town Hall reopened to residents on Wednesday, May 20, at 9:00 AM with the following Physical Distancing guidelines in place. These guidelines will remain in effect for the foreseeable future:
- The public will be permitted to pay their Residential and Business Tax Bills as well as permits and/or fees at Town Hall from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday to Friday.
- Starting at 9:00 AM, staff will monitor the door to ensure line ups are avoided inside the Town Hall.
- Only one customer permitted at a time to ensure appropriate physical distancing
- For all other services, please call 896-3321 to arrange an appointment
- Barricades have been put in place to allow only for a straight path between the bill payment counter and the door
- A plexiglass barrier has been installed to provide a safe physical distance while serving residents
- Clerks will be provided with appropriate PPE if they so desire
- Enhanced cleaning protocols have been put in place
- The Clerk will wipe down the debit machine after each transaction
These unprecedented measures, though unfortunate, are necessary to be proactive against the potential spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), and the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay extends thanks to the public for their understanding at this time. Council and Staff appreciate your understanding during this time of uncertainty. We look forward to welcoming you back to your Town Hall.
Please respect the social/physical distancing plan listed above for the protection of everyone, including residents as well as staff.
In consultation with officials at Labrador Grenfell Health and guidance released by the office of the Provincial Chief Medical Officer of Health, the 12th Council of Happy Valley-Goose and Management will monitor updates relating to the pandemic and update residents regularly.
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay strongly recommends that residents and businesses utilize a cautious approach and exercise recommended practices to help prevent the potential spread of COVID-19.
For more information on the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and to stay up to date, visit: