REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
CAFÉ OPERATOR – CENTRAL LABRADOR YMCA
The YMCA of Newfoundland and Labrador is seeking an independent service provider to operate the café at the Central Labrador YMCA in Happy Valley-Goose Bay.
The Central Labrador YMCA is a multi-purpose facility that houses the organization’s Health, Fitness, and Aquatics; Child Care and Day Camp; and Employment, Enterprise, and Newcomer Services.
Building features include:
• Child Care Centre
• Aquatics Centre
• Family Wellness Centre
• Fitness studio
• Multi-purpose spaces
• Public space
The café is in the building’s public lobby and includes a counter space, refrigerated display case, glass-front refrigerator, freezer, microwave, single and double sink, and dishwasher.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The successful proponent will be responsible for:
• Independent operation and management of the café.
• Maintaining an efficient, safe, sanitary, and professional operation.
• Procuring, maintaining, and providing copies of all necessary licenses, permits, and registrations.
• Maintaining hours of operation that align with the needs of the YMCA and its members.
• Maintaining a pristine lobby space free of spills and litter.
• Maintaining the organization of lobby furniture.
• Providing a predominantly “grab and go” format.
• Consulting with the YMCA on menu construction and standards of operation.
• The YMCA will not be responsible for any costs, expenses, liabilities, losses, or damages.
• Rental agreement (rate, duration, and structure) will be negotiated following receipt of proposal.
• Equipment/services proposed should not require a ventilation system.
• Operator is responsible for phone and P.O.S system.
• Internet provided.
• Operator will procure and maintain property and liability insurance of at least $2,000,000.
• Operator must provide an acceptable Criminal Record Screening Certificate and Vulnerable Sector Check for all staff (operator included).
• The YMCA must approve all signage and promotional materials.
• The café’s communication (online inclusive) must align with the standards of the YMCA and are subject to monitoring.
Proposals must include:
• Description of café concept.
• Proponent’s relevant experience.
• Proposed rent and percentage rent structure.
• Sample menu and prices.
• Proposed hours of operation.
• Proposed timeline and milestones to initial occupancy.
• Start up and operating costs and considerations.
• Staffing plans.
• Understanding of customer base.
• Sales targets.
• Financing plan.
• Financial projections.
• Any additional relevant information.
The YMCA will select the successful proponent. The YMCA reserves the right to terminate this process at any stage in communication with the applicant(s). Proposals will be evaluated based on adherence to the above-listed points, as well as the their:
Alignment with YMCA Mission, Vision, and Values.
Tours are available by appointment. For information contact: Carolyn Tyner, General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send proposals to Twyla Fradsham, VP, Partnership and Program Development at email@example.com, by August 13, 2021.