Public Service Announcement
Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay
Facilities Operation Update
COVID-19 Public Health Measures
Public Safety Message
Release Date: February 10, 2022
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay advises the public it closely monitors information related to COVID-19. As residents know, on Tuesday, February 8, 2022, the Province has announced further easing of restrictions, please refer to the below link for details:
The Town is advising residents and businesses of the below Town Facilities updated information.
The Town Hall reopened to residents on Monday, January 10, 2022, at 9:00 AM with the following Physical Distancing guidelines in place. These guidelines will remain in effect for the foreseeable future:
- The public will be permitted to pay their Residential and Business Tax Bills and permits and fees at Town Hall from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday to Friday.
- Only one customer permitted at a time to ensure appropriate physical distancing
- For all other services, please call 896-3321 to arrange an appointment
- Barricades have been put in place to allow only for a straight path between the bill payment counter and the door
- A plexiglass barrier is in place to provide a safe physical distance while serving residents
- Enhanced cleaning protocols are in place
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC FACILITIES (subject to change):
- Town Hall – OPEN Appointments recommended. Please call 896-3321 for info/assistance/appointment between 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday except for holidays.
- Kinsmen Park (9:00 AM to 9:00 PM Monday to Sunday)
- Lake Melville Dog Park
- Lawrence O’Brien Arts Centre
- EJ Broomfield Memorial Arena
- Goose Bay Curling Club (Effective Monday, February 14, 2022)
- Recycling Activities at CAF Arena on Northside (Effective immediately, subject to schedule set by HVGB Recyclers Group)
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay asks residents to please share this information, particularly with our seniors who may not have access to Social Media or the Internet in general.
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay strongly recommends that residents and businesses utilize a cautious approach and exercise recommended practices to prevent the potential spread of COVID-19.
For more information and to stay up to date on COVID-19, visit: